29 February 2016

Frostgrave - Deadite Warband #1

Ah, my inaugural post for Scale Creep. In such august company one can only be inspired to new heights of hobby endeavour. Hopefully Crooks won't be hiding dildo links all over the post.

The scamp.

With several of the Wipsters/Creeps building warbands for an upcoming series of games, Frostgrave is back dominating my painting desk and has produced another member for the Deadite warband, Ser Rigorous, former knight of the realm, now slave to the Necronomicon's evil. Despite his best efforts to maintain his gear, age and rust has crept onto Rigorous' arms and armour. Still, he's lost none of his skill, and being an ensorcelled slave to a Kandarian sorcerer isn't all bad. Mostly.


With the Kandarian and my captain also on the painting table, I'll soon be getting close to a field-able warband. The coins get spent pretty quickly on a new warband, especially when the captain takes a hefty bite out of the hoard. He better perform, I'm expecting no less than for him to take me forth into that castle. For now though, here's the ragged bunch so far.


As I say, there are several other warbands from my excellent compadres in construction at the moment, all rather tremendous, so I'm sure they'll be appearing on Scale Creep soon.

11 comments:

  1. "Bob Olley" and "Army of Darkness" go together like Raimi and Campbell. The choice of figures gives a very strong visual theme, lovely.

    Did you find out where that not-Sheila came from and who sculpted it? I cant remember. It fits in here beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am enjoying them immensely. Painting an Olley mini is always a bit of an adventure, especially when there is cloth involved. Even his skeletal faces are full of expression.

      I did find out where Sheila came from, but for the life of me I can't recall now. I think she's still available too.

      Delete
  2. Love Olley sculpts and you've done them proud. I look forward to using these as target practice at the end of April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should say "lovely Olley sculpt and you've done him proud". Bloody predictive text seemed to want to work in plurals.

      Delete
  3. Olley is both joyous and mind-bending to paint. Always rewarding though.

    I'm training them to swallow your soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the correct response is....

      .... SWALLOW THIS!
      (Can't seem to find a chainsaw nor a shotgun emoji to accompany this piece of bravado)

      Delete
    2. It's never too early to get the trash talk in.

      Delete
  4. Hmmmm, tasty! I have the rulebook but haven't get into the game yet. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. It's a great excuse to get those fantasy warbands you've always fancied doing on the painting table.

      Delete
  5. The Olley is the only man that can make a skelleton looks good with facial expressions, can't think of a better sculptor for an army of Darkness really.

    ReplyDelete